A very useful wide range switchmode regulator with a 5V or 7V output and a wide range input of up to 28V!
The PR28V is rated for up to 1A output and can be used to power your own circuit design and also power our EtherTen, EtherMega and Ethernet Shield over the network cable by fitting the PR28V to their dedicated pins ready for it.
The Power Regulator 28V can be used in two different ways.
1. As a Power-over-Ethernet voltage regulator, it mounts on our Ethernet Shield or EtherTen to allow them to accept input voltages up to 28V via the network cable. If you only intend to pass about 10V down the Ethernet cable you don't need this module: you can simply put a pair of jumpers across the PoE header pins on the Ethernet Shield or EtherTen and let the Arduino on-board voltage regulator do all the work.
Note: This regulator module is not designed for use with commercial PoE systems such as Ethernet switches with 802.3af support. Commercial PoE switches can push up to 48V down the wire, which will overload the regulator module and force it to shut down. If you want to use the Ethernet Shield with commercial 802.3af equipment you will need to use the Power-over-Ethernet Regulator 802.3af.
If you want to push a higher voltage down the wires (perhaps you already have a 16V, 18V, or 24V power supply lying around?) the Arduino voltage regulator will get very hot and unhappy, so this regulator module takes the power you send down the cable and pre-regulates it down to 7V before passing it through to your Arduino for the final drop to 5V.
This regulator module is designed for use with home-brew PoE injectors that typically supply 16V or 24V or our 4-Port PoE Midspan Injector, not commercial PoE switches.
2. As a general purpose switchmode voltage regulator, it can be configured to provide a regulated 5V or 7V output so that you can use it directly as a high-efficiency power supply for your projects.
- PR28V (143)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.