Power-over-Ethernet uses your LAN to send power via the network cable to whatever device you have connected at the other end, saving you the hassle of plugging the device in to both the network and to power. PoE lets you centralise your power supplies.
Home-brew PoE typically involves trimming back part of a LAN cable, separating out the relevant pairs of cable, cutting them, and soldering on a power socket so you can connect a plug-pack. That works fine, but it's ugly, fiddly, and takes time. Our 4-Channel Power-over-Ethernet Midspan Injector is the solution! Just unplug your LAN cables from your switch, plug them into the "device" ports on the injector, run short LAN cables from your switch to the "switch" ports on the injector, and plug in whatever wall-wart power supply you have handy. Done! No soldering required.
Note: this module does not provide proper, standards-compliant 802.3af PoE support. But it's a whole lot cheaper, and works with just about any home-brew PoE system.
Works great with our Ethernet Shield with PoE support: connect a 12V power source and fit the jumpers directly on the shield at the other end, or connect a 16V or 24V power source and combine it with our Power-over-Ethernet Regulator 14-24V.
- 2.1mm power jack suits many common wall-wart (plug-pack) supplies. Same connector as used on Arduino.
- Input voltage 7V to 24V, either AC or DC, any polarity. Bridge rectifier converts any input to a known-polarity DC output.
- Output voltage is the DC version of whatever you feed into it.
- "Power on" indicator LED.
- Four channels: suitable for powering up to four devices.
- INJ4CH (19)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.