FLiR lead the industry with their infrared thermal imaging technology, and now you can bring that same awesomeness to your project with this FLiR Dev Kit. It features a breakout board along with a Lepton® longwave infrared (LWIR) camera. It's designed to work with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, or other ARM development tools and makes connection easy with the 0.1" spaced header pins.
So what can you use this fantastic bit of gear for? Well, it's primarily designed to allow you to see in the dark! That's right. the Lepton® imager has a 80x60 resolution and captures a thermal image from infrared radiation in the 8-14 microns wavelength. The Lepton® module attaches to the breakout board via the on-board socket and the board has all of the supporting circuitry required. Simply give it an input voltage of 3-5V and you can use a SPI port to read the image, plus I2C to configure the camera settings (optional).
The Lepton® camera module isn't soldered to the breakout board and needs to be inserted into the socket. The module is extremely sensitive to static damage and proper ESD safe methods and precautions should be taken when handling.
- 1x FLiR Lepton® - Thermal Imaging Module
- 1x FLiR Lepton® - Breakout Board
- LWIR sensor, wavelength 8 to 14 μm
- 51-deg HFOV, 63.5-deg diagonal
- 80 (h) × 60 (v) active pixels
- Thermal sensitivity <50 mK
- MIPI and SPI video interfaces
- Two-wire I2C-like serial-control interface
- Fast time to image (< 0.5 sec)
- Low operating power, nominally 150 mW (< 160 mW over full temperature range)
- Datasheet (Lepton®)
- Reverse-Engineering the Lepton®
- Product Page
- GitHub (Library, Example Code, & Design Files)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
- IoT Plant Monitor
So, my wife wanted to have some small plants in the house. I didn’t, so we compromised, and got some plants. The only thing is that neither of us remembers to water them, so I wanted to build a sensor array to monitor the moisture content of the soil, and notify us when they needed watering. We’ve got 3 plants, all fairly close to each other, and I wanted to create an IoT project so that it could send an email notifi...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.