The Espruino's fast response time has a lot of advantages. It allows for quick and easy debugging and is a great way to test your project before your big reveal. In addition, you can control the Espruino from almost anything - Windows, Mac OS, Linux, RasPi, Android, anything that can talk to a USB Serial port.
The Espruino also interacts well with Adafruit's NeoPixels. For more info, check out Espruino's page on the WS2811 and WS2812.
While the main advantage of the Espruino is its instant execution, it can also be used as a traditional board through a Web-based IDE hosted on your computer. The microcontroller also uses less power than Linux Boards (although its of course a lot less powerful as well) so will run longer on battery power, it has loads of IO pins, and it can be used as an IO board for PCs, Macs, or Rasp Pis without having to program it first. Simply take the Espruino out of its packaging and get started!
There's also more info on the Espruino page including tutorials and code examples. Click here for technical details and a diagram
- As of 12/18/2014 the Espruino board is now shipping with the following improvements:
- CE Approval
- 32kHz crystal on board (it's much better at keeping time accurately now)
- Pads for a Lithium Ion charger IC (if you want to fit one)
- Slightly moved, but much stronger Micro USB connector
- Much lower power voltage regulator - the old board drew 0.1mA in sleep, this one draws 0.03mA!
- Solder jumped so you can turn the reset button into a second general purpose button
- 53mm x 40mm x 1.5mm / 2.1" x 1.6" x 0.06"
- Height w/ JST: 10mm / 0.4"
- Weight: 8g
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Espruino products click here.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.