Add both WiFi and Bluetooth capability to your computer super fast with this USB Bluetooth / WiFi Dongle!
This little two-faced cutie is so versatile! It's WiFi half can be used to make Internet of Things devices cable-free or They also love to take advantage of the Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone USB ports to add a low cost, but high-reliability wireless link. The bluetooth side of things can be used for all kinds of classic bluetooth projects, for use with Adafruit's EZ-Key or EZ-Link or others! It's great for when you only have a single USB port (a.k.a. Raspberry Pi A+ or BeagleBone) as there's a little USB hub inside!
If you only need a WiFi Module Adafruit love Adafruit's Miniature WiFi Module and Adafruit's beefier USB WiFi Module. For just Bluetooth Adafruit's Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module is killer (and supports BTLE, which this one does not)
Drivers for Broadcom Bluetooth modules are built into Windows XP/7/8/10 so you do not need to install any software or download anything: other bluetooth drivers or 'stacks' such as BlueSoleil are not as good as the Windows stack and will cause problems. Just plug it in and let Windows auto-install the BT driver, it may take a few minutes! For Linux, use Bluez which works great, Adafruit's Pi tutorial will be similar to your favorite distro.
- Ralink RT5370L WiFi adapter + BCM2046B1 Bluetooth 3.0 adapter
- Full-speed Bluetooth operation with Picone and Scatternet support
- Compliant with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR and Bluetooth V3.0 + HS
- Support for WLAN + Bluetooth coexistence for optimized performance
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliance
- 150 Mbps Tx (transmit) PHY data rate
- 150 Mbps Rx (transmit) PHY data rate
- USB 1.1/2.0 compliant
Product Dimensions: 71.3mm x 20.9mm x 7.9mm / 2.8" x 0.8" x 0.3"
Product Weight: 9.6g / 0.3oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
- How to Use HC-05 Bluetooth Modules
So we’ve taken a look at what Bluetooth is in our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial, and hopefully, you’ve found our Choosing a Bluetooth Module For Your Project tutorial useful in deciding which Bluetooth module is right for your p...
- Introduction to Bluetooth
Nowadays, everything is going wireless. Phones, computers, game controllers, consoles, everything! Wireless technology has allowed us to use electronic devices with an untethered freedom which just isn’t possible with clunky cables hanging of...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.