Binary Blaster is a game designed to help teach what binary numbers are and how to convert from decimal (and hexadecimal) to binary quickly. The game displays a value on the dual 7-segment displays, and the player is challenged to press the buttons in a way that represents the binary equivalent. Pressing a specific button allows a player to “set” that bit while leaving a button alone leaves the bit “clear”. There are four buttons on the Binary Blaster, each one represents a bit giving the player 15 different binary number possibilities. If the player gets all 15 correct, they win! Additionally, each blaster also displays a time score after each game, giving the player the ability to keep track of their fastest speed and practice to get even faster!
Each Binary Blaster comes as an easy to assemble PTH soldering kit, and it’s up to you to solder it all together! If you’re new to soldering and looking to learn about the wonderful world of binary, then the Binary Blaster Kit is a great place to start!
- 1x Binary Blaster PCB
- 1x Programmed ATMEGA328
- 1x PTH Buzzer
- 1x Resistor - 10K
- 2x Capacitor - 0.1uF
- 2x 7-Segment Red LED
- 2x Mini Power Switch
- 2x AA Battery
- 4x AA Battery Holder
- 4x LED Tactile Button - Red
- 4x Phillips Machine Screw - 4-40, 3/8"
- 4x Nylon Standoff - 4-40, 3/8"
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.