This demo board by Sure Electronics is a low cost development tool to learn the ATMEGA16 architecture and the onboard high performance peripherals.
The board is populated with one ATMEGA16 IC, a 20*2 character LCD, four digits 7-segment LED display, three tactile switches, LM75 I2C digital temperature sensor, a USB mini-B socket, a buzzer, 10-pin IDC connector and LED indicators. Powered via USB mini-B socket, several program functions including temperature measurement, backlight adjustment and contrast adjustment, are selectable via a menu system displayed on the LCD. Both LCD and 7-segment LEDs can be used to display current temperature in ℃ and ℉. In addition, connecting this demo board and PC with a USB cable, you can also see more detailed information via Hyper Terminal.
You can use the STK500 USB Programmer (available seperatly) to program this board via 10-pin program/debug port.
- Size：119.40(L) × 73.40(W) ± 0.2mm
- Mini USB power supply
- ATMEGA16 microcontroller. Its I/O ports are drawn out for convenient reach.
- 12 MHz high-speed crystal oscillator.
- 10 pin ISP socket.
- 24C02N IIC EEPROM on board.
- LM75 IIC digital temperature sensor.
- There is a 20*2 character LCD module on board. Pre-installed 4-digit 7-segment LEDs is under LCD module. The can be seen after removing LCD module.
- Use ULN2003 Darlington transistors array to drive LED segments and speaker.
- LCD module contrast can be adjusted by LM358 dual OP-Amps or Potentiometers R28
- There are 3 function keys connected to RESET, PC7 and PC6 pins.
- One Power indicator (Green). Four red port indicators are connected to PA0-3
-10℃ to +55℃
-20℃ to +75℃
DC current per I/O pin
20.0mA sink and draw
Minimum Load on speaker port
- Experience in temperature measurement, contrast adjustment, backlight adjustment, LED and LCD display, etc
- Experience in programming the board
- AVR ATMEGA16 Dem2 Demo Development Board x 1
- 16*2 Characters LCD Module,No Backlight x 1
- Mini USB Cable x 1
- Development Board LCD & USB Overview
- AVR ATMEGA16 Dem2 Demo Sample Code
- CP210x Drivers
- DP-DP115 Software
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.