If the holidays promise anything, it’s almost certainly a deluge of photographs. Instead of taking out your smartphones, why not build your own camera?
With one of Adafruit’s best selling screens and an official Raspberry Pi camera, you’ll be ready to set up your very own digital camera in no time at all. You’ll be immortalizing all those great memories and get to show off your maker skills in the process.
The included camera board is a high quality 8 megapixel Sony IMX219 image sensor custom designed add-on board specifically for the Raspberry Pi, featuring a fixed focus lens. It's capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60, and 640x480p90 video. It attaches to the Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board's upper surface and uses the dedicated CSi interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras.
View what you've captured on the accompanying 2.8" display with 320x240 16-bit color pixels and a resistive touch overlay. The TFT plate uses the high speed SPI interface on the Pi and can use the mini display to show your images and video. Best of all it plugs in right on top of the Pi!
- Pi Model B+ / Pi 2 / Pi 3 Case Base - Clear
- 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply w/ 20AWG 6' MicroUSB Cable
- PiTFT Plus Assembled 320x240 2.8" TFT + Resistive Touchscreen
- Faceplate and Buttons Pack for 2.8" PiTFTs
- 8GB MicroSD Card with NOOBS 1.9
Note: Raspberry Pi 3 NOT included.
Check out Adafruit's WiFi Pi Camera guide for instructions on how to turn this into your very own little camera that saves the images to your DropBox. The version you'll make will have to stay plugged in, since Adafruit don't include a battery pack (you can pick up a battery pack here if you want to take the camera out and around) Also, since you're using Adafruit's existing enclosure, thread the Pi Camera cable through the HDMI slot right above the HDMI connector.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.