OK the name is a little...utilitarian? But this Anodized Aluminum Metal Chasis for a Mini Robot Rover does exactly what it says. You can build a very sturdy (and quite handsome!) little robot rover with this metal frame.
- It's made of aluminum so it's light and strong.
- The anodizing is quite lovely to boot
- Can be used to build a 2-wheel or 4-wheel robot
- Tons of mounting holes & slots!
- Easy to modify because you can drill and cut aluminum
- Wont crack or break if it falls down the stairs (it happens)
Remember, this is just the metal frame chassis! Motors, wheels, motor driver, microcontroller, etc are not included! It's specifically designed to use either Adafruit's Micro Continuous Rotation Servo or DC Motor in Micro Servo Body. You'll need to grab either 2 or 4 of those. You will also want 2 or 4 wheels, they snap onto the motors so you can scoot around. If you have a two-wheel'er, also grab a supporting swivel wheel. Finally, you can add a cute little topper if you like. Then, any microcontroller and motor/servo driver can be used to build up your robot.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.