Are you itching for an easy way to mount a PSP-like thumb joystick to your project? This Analog Mini Thumbstick Breakout Board will help you do just that!
This is a neat little PCB, on which you can mount a joystick/thumbstick -- Adafruit recommend this one. Since it's analog, you'll need two analog reading pins on your microcontroller to determine X and Y.
Adafruit designed the breakout so that you can attach the thumbstick to a panel easily. A 4-pin 0.1" spaced header makes it easy to connect either in a perfboard/breadboard setting or free wiring, with header on both siders it is mechanically stable. You'll need to solder a thumbstick into the PCB using a soldering iron and solder, but its very simple and will only take a minute.
Includes 1 x 8-pin 0.1 inch male header. Note: Thumbstick itself is not included.
- For a tutorial on how to read analog joysticks, check out this Arduino tutorial - it can easily be extended to any microcontroller!
- EagleCAD PCB files on GitHub
- Fritzing object in the Adafruit Fritzing library
Product Dimensions: 26.6mm x 25.4mm x 1.7mm / 1.0" x 1.0" x 0.1"
Product Weight: 2.3g / 0.1oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.