This is a great battery-backed real time clock (RTC) that allows your Raspberry Pi project to keep track of time if the power is lost. Perfect for data-logging, clock-building, time-stamping, timers and alarms, etc. Equipped with PCF8523 RTC, it works great with the Raspberry Pi and has native kernel support.
Works perfectly with any Raspberry Pi (or similar single board linux computer) including the Pi 1, Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi Zero, A+, B+ etc.
- Fully assembled & tested PCB plugs directly into your Pi's GPIO pins - No soldering required!
- Will keep time for 5 years or more
Note: This product does not come with a CR1220 coin cell battery. Adafruit recommend you purchase a coin cell battery to use with this product.
The PCF8523 is simple and inexpensive but not a high precision device. It may lose or gain a second or two per day. For a high-precision, temperature compensated alternative, please check out the DS3231 precision RTC.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.