The M74HC238 is a high speed CMOS 3 to 8 line decoder. There are three binary select inputs (A, B, and C) which determine which one of the eight outputs (Y0-Y7) will go high. This chip has three enable inputs (G1, ~G2A, and ~G2B); when any enable pins are brought low (or high in G1’s case), all output pins are pulled low.
This is a great tool if you need to increase the number of outputs on your micrcontroller. For example, it’s used in the 3x3x3 LED Cube to help an ATmega168 control the 27 LEDs.
This device comes in a 16-pin DIP package.
- High speed
- Wide operating voltage range (2 to 6VDC)
- Low power dissipation (~4µA)
- High noise immunity
- Symmetrical output impedance
- Balanced propagation delays
- Inputs equipped with protection circuits against static discharge and transient excess voltage
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.