Adafruit's all-in-one 5V 2.4 Amp + MicroUSB cable power adapter is the perfect choice for powering single-board computers like Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone or anything else that's power hungry!
This adapter was specifically designed to provide 5.25V not 5V, but Adafruit still call it a 5V USB adapter. Adafruit did this on purpose to solve a problem that occurs often with USB-powered gadgets: they draw so much current than the resistance of the cable causes a voltage drop, so instead of 5V, the device sees 4.75V or so. To avoid this problem, Adafruit made the adapter 5.25V and the USB cable has extra-beefy 20AWG wires! This way, even at a full 2.4 Amp draw, the voltage at the end wont be lower than about 4.9V
This high quality power adapter is FCC, CE and UL listed and can use 110 or 240 VAC input so it works in any country. The plugs are "US 2-prong" style so you may need a plug adapter - but you can pick one up at any hardware store for $1 or so.
The cool part of this cable is that it terminates with a microUSB connector which makes it perfect for use with the 4-USB Port Raspberry Pi B+.
Note: As of Tuesday, March 22nd 2016, we are now shipping an updated 5.25V 2.4A version of this power supply.
- 73mm x 43mm x 27mm (2.9in x 1.6in x 1.1in)
- Cable Length: at least 1.5m (5') - may be 6'
- Cable Diameter: 3.5mm (0.125in)
- Plug type: Micro USB
- Input: 110V-220V AC
- Output: 5V DC up to 2.4 A
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.