This breakout board is something Adafruit designed in-house to help Adafruit work with 'dot-clock' 40-pin TFT displays that require the RGB pixel data to be clocked in continuously. These displays have 40-pin Flex PCB (FPC) cables and often require a boost converter for the backlight LED, which makes them annoying to breadboard. To make them breadboardable, Adafruit stuck a 40-pin FPC and a FAN5333-based backlight driver with adjustable current onto a labeled breakout board. Now you can poke and probe each pin!
The backlight driver defaults to 25mA and can boost up to 24VDC for up to 7-LED strings. Check your display datasheet for the string configuration, and short out the jumpers to increase the backlight current.
Comes with one assembled and tested PCB. Header and TFT display is not included! Adafruit have 4.3" with touchscreen and 5.0" (with and without touchscreen) displays in the shop that work well with this. The 4.3" tend to like 25mA backlight drive, the 5.0" look good with 50mA backlight.
Adafruit don't have a tutorial on using this breakout or how to interface with these displays and you must have a processor that can drive the display! This is a tool designed for more advanced makers who already have a microprocessor that has dot-clock-type TFT support built in and just want a wiring assistant.
- Dimensions: 25mm x 51mm x 4mm / 1" x 2" x 0.2"
- Weight: 6g
- Eagle CAD PCB files on GitHub
- Fritzing object available in Adafruit Fritzing library
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.