Add some jazz & pizazz to your project with a color touchscreen LCD. This TFT display is big (3.5" diagonal) bright (6 white-LED backlight) and colorful! 480x320 pixels with individual RGB pixel control, this has way more resolution than a black and white 128x64 display, and double Adafruit's 2.8" TFT. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. The display can be used in two modes: 8-bit or SPI. For 8-bit mode, you'll need 8 digital data lines and 4 or 5 digital control lines to read and write to the display (12 lines total). SPI mode requires only 5 pins total (SPI data in, data out, clock, select, and d/c) but is slower than 8-bit mode. In addition, 4 pins are required for the touch screen (2 digital, 2 analog) or you can purchase and use Adafruit's resistive touchscreen controller (not included) to use I2C or SPI.
Of course, Adafruit wouldn't just leave you with a datasheet and a "good luck!". Check out Adafruit's detailed tutorial for wiring, test and example code! For 8-bit interface fans Adafruit have written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles, text, and more. For SPI users, Adafruit have a library as well, its separate from the 8-bit library since both versions are heavily optimized. We also have a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it.
Note: Arduino and breadboard not included. TFT and header only.
- 3.5" diagonal LCD TFT display
- 320x480 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color capable - Adafruit's code uses only 16-bits since its faster.
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 or 5 control lines (12 pins minimum) or SPI mode with 4 or 5 SPI data/control lines (4 pins minimum) - not including the touch screen.
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic such as an Arduino
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 6 white LED backlight with DC/DC constant-current boost. You can PWM dim the backlight
- 1x20 headers for easy breadboarding
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
- Datasheets, PCB CAD files, and Fritzing object in the tutorial
- Screen: 56mm x 85mm x 4mm / 2.2" x 3.4" x 0.2"
- PCB: 56mm x 97mm x 2mm / 2.2" x 3.8" x 0.1"
- Weight: 52g
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.