This adapter makes it possible to use LEGO® wheels with the Pololu 120:1 mini plastic gearmotors (offset output and 90-degree output) and the Solarbotics GM6 and GM7 gearmotors. These are great motors for building small robots, and LEGO makes a number of very high-quality wheels as part of their Technic and Mindstorms product lines, many of which would also be excellent for use on a small robot. With this adapter, you can integrate LEGO® wheels of your choice into a robot. Pololu sell the adapters in pairs, so that you can make a two-wheeled robot.
- Fit the adapter onto the metal output shaft of one of the four gearmotors linked above. You will need to push quite hard; be careful not to damage the gearmotor.
- Slide the adapter into a LEGO® wheel of your choice.
The adapter fits very tightly to the metal axle of the gearmotor, so that it will remain attached to the gearmotor when the wheel is removed. Pololu recommend that you leave the adapter permanently attached to the metal axle; repeated removal and insertion may loosen the connection, causing slippage.
The adapter is made of ABS plastic, similar to the plastic used in LEGO® blocks. Its dimensions are shown in the following picture:
The adapter can be used with any LEGO® wheel that accepts a standard axle, as long as the tire does not extend more than 0.35" beyond the inner edge of the hub so that the motor body will not rub against the tire.
LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies, which does not sponsor, authorize, or endorse this site or its products.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.