This is a screen for advanced hackers who like the look of the TFT screen Adafruit have put into the PiTFT, TFT shield v2 and 2.8" TFT breakout. This display has 320x240 pixels and is driven with the ILI9341 chipset. This is just the display module! No PCB is included! You can talk to this chip with SPI (4 or 3 wire), 8 bit parallel, or 16 bit parallel. It also can be put into "dot clock mode" for raw TTL signal in but Adafruit have never done this ourselves so there's no example code for that.
Adafruit are selling this module bare for those who want to integrate it into their own project. If this is your first time working with this TFT we suggest Adafruit's breakout board which makes it easy to use SPI or 8-bit interfacing and also has mounting holes, level shifting, etc.. Otherwise you can pick up one of Adafruit's 50-pin FPC breakouts and an 50-pin FPC connector and solder it up by hand. For the TFT command set, the data sheet is very complete, but They also have some Arduino code you can refer to here to get started
A 50 pin, 0.5mm pitch, top-contact FPC connector is required to connect to this screen. Adafruit show one in the photos but it is not included! You cannot solder this connector directly to a PCB - a matching connector is required, you can pick one up here.
The resistive touch screen is a classic 'analog' touch screen which requires either a micro controller with analog inputs OR the use of a touch screen controller such as this one
- 2.8" diagonal LCD TFT display datasheet
- 240x320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color capable - Adafruit's code uses only 16-bits since its faster.
- ILI9341 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 69mm x 50mm x 4mm / 2.7" x 2" x 0.2"
- Weight: 24g
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.