Keep your microcontroller tickin' with a ceramic oscillator. These little devices are bread-board friendly (0.1" pin spacing) and easy to use. They act much like crystals with the 'stability' capacitors inside. They have 0.5% accuracy, great for every day electronics and microcontroller work and certainly precise enough for UART or other baud-rate generation. For ultra-high precision needs (USB timing, long-term time-keeping, RF/PLL/VCO driving) you may need a crystal or temperate-compensated oscillator.
This is a good match for people building Arduino-compatibles since the Arduino Uno is clocked at 16MHz
To use, connect the two outer pins to XTAL-in and XTAL-out on your circuit (they package is symmetric so use whichever outer pin) and the inner pin to ground. Check the datasheet for more specs
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.