Yes, this is an adorable HDMI television with incredibly high resolution and built in 3.5W stereo speakers! Adafruit tried to get the best possible HDMI/VGA display with high-res, high-contrast visibility. The visible display measures 10.1" (25.7cm) diagonal, and the TFT comes in an enclosure with HDMI, VGA and Composite inputs. The display is very easy to use - simply connect a 9 to 12VDC adapter to the 2.1mm center-positive DC jack (not included) then connect a digital video source to one of the ports. Voila, a television display!
There's some little buttons on the front that let you enter a menu system for adjusting brightness, color and contrast. It auto-detects which input you have and switches to that one or you can 'select' from the menu which to display. It comes with a basic stand (shown) and there are two 'mounting thread' holes in the back that are 72mm apart and you can use M4 screws to attach it to an enclosure.
To demonstrate it, Adafruit took some photos with the display connected to a Raspberry Pi, but it will also work connected to any device with HDMI, VGA or NTSC/PAL output. It will not work with a device that only outputs DVI (without a DVI to HDMI adapter) or SECAM.
The + and - buttons on the front allow you to quickly change the speaker volume. Its not a HiFi but its fairly loud and good for movies & games.
Works great with a Raspberry Pi or a BeagleBone Black, as well as Adafruit's XBox, Windows desktop and Macbook (with an HDMI adapter cable). Some OS's such as Windows may require you to set the audio output to the external display but with the XBox & RasPi it immediately used the speakers without any poking or prodding.
A power adapter is not included. Adafruit recommend a 9V power supply, as that voltage seems to work best
- Driver Datasheet
- Keyboard Datasheet
- Monitor Dimensions: 257mm x 165mm x 41mm / 10.1" x 6.5" x 1.6"
- Screen Dimensions: 229mm x 127mm / 9.0" x 5.0"
- Weight: 595g
- RTD2668 Driver Board
- Panel Type: a-Si TFT-LCD Panel
- Panel Size: 10.1"
- Resolution (RGB): 1366x768, WXGA
- Display Mode: HFFS, Normally Black, Transmissive
- Surface: Hard coating
- Brightness: 400 cd/m^2
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1 (Min.)
- Display Colors (8-bit): 16.7M
- Response Time (Tr+Td): 30
- Viewing Angle (CR>10): 85/85/85/85
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.