Do you need ‘moar power’ for your wireless widget? The XBee-PRO XSC 900 MHz RF module features two times the throughput and 20 times less current draw than the previous XSC module. This version (S3B) features an ADF7023 transceiver from Analog Devices, which can toss your data up to 28 miles Line-of-Sight (LOS), along with low power consumption, drawing less than 2.5 uA in power down.
Also, the latest XBee-PRO XSC is firmware compatible with the legacy 9XStream® and the legacy XBee-PRO XSC modules. And because it’s an XBee RF device it is, of course, pin compatible with existing through-hole XBee modules.
Not sure which XBee module or accessory is right for you? Check out our XBee Buying Guide!
Note: This module does not work properly with anything connected to the RSSI pin. Our current XBee Explorer USB and XBee Explorer Dongle have a solder jumper on them to let you disconnect the RSSI led.
Note: Due to manufacturer’s restrictions in other countries, we can only ship these to the USA and Canada. Sorry world!
- Analog Devices ADF7023 Transceiver, Cortex-M3 EFM32G230 @ 28 MHz
- 902 MHz to 928 MHz Frequency Band
- 10 Kbps or 20 Kbps Data Rate
- Up to 2000 ft (610 m) Indoor/Urban Range
- Up to 9 mi (14 km) LOS w/ Dipole Antenna
- Up to 28 mi (45 km) LOS w/ High-Gain Antenna
- Up to 24 dBm (250 mW) Tx Power (Software Selectable)
- Voltage Requirement: 2.4 to 3.6 VDC
- Tx Current: 215 mA
- Rx Current: 26 mA
- Sleep Current: 2.5 uA
- Wire Antenna
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.