This is the very popular 2.4GHz XBee module from Digi (formally Maxstream). These modules take the 802.15.4 stack (the basis for Zigbee) and wrap it into a simple to use serial command set. These modules allow a very reliable and simple communication between microcontrollers, computers, systems, really anything with a serial port! Point to point and multi-point networks are supported.
Pair a couple of these XBees with a Regulated Explorer, and a USB Explorer and you've got a great gift for that special electronics geek! .
- 3.3V @ 50mA
- 250kbps Max data rate
- 1mW output (+0dBm)
- 300ft (100m) range
- Built-in antenna
- Fully FCC certified
- 6 10-bit ADC input pins
- 8 digital IO pins
- 128-bit encryption
- Local or over-air configuration
- AT or API command set
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.