The CC3000 from TI (Texas Instruments) is a self-contained wireless network processor that makes incorporating internet connectivity into your project simple. Instead of the more standard UART communication method, the CC3000 module utilizes an SPI interface allowing you, the user, to control the flow of data as you please. What makes the CC3000 unique is its ability to associate to a WiFi access point using a cell phone app in the Texas Instruments process called SmartConfig. This is a great module if you need to add wireless networking to your project!
The CC3000 is an IEEE 802.11 b/g compliant WiFi module with an embedded IPv4 TCP/IP stack with an SPI host interface at 16MHz. Each CC3000 requires a power supply of 2.9V - 4.8V with a max current rating of 92mA and is capable of connecting to WEP, WPA/WPA2 WiFi security Modes.
Dimensions: 16.3mm x 13.5mm x 2mm
- Supply Voltage: 2.9V - 4.8V
- Host Interface: SPI @ 16MHZ
- Throughput (TCP): ~4Mbps
- IEEE 802.11 b/g Compliant
- WEP, WPA/WPA2 (AES and TKIP - Personal) Security Modes
- FCC, IC, CE, and TELEC Certified
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.