As electronics get smaller and smaller, you'll need a hand examining PCBs and this little USB microscope is the perfect tool. Its smaller and lighter than a large optical microscope but packs quite a bit of power in its little body. There's a high quality 640x480 camera sensor inside and an optical magnifier that can adjust from 5x (for basic PCB inspection) to 200x (for detailed inspection). Eight mini white LEDs are angled right onto whatever you're examining so you get enough lighting to see, and are smoothly adjustable via a dial on the side.
Unlike Adafruit's USB microscopes, this 'scope is WiFi based. This means that instead of having a cable or wireless-usb-dongle type connection, there's a WiFi access point inside the camera enclosure. When you turn it on, it will create a new hotspot just for the camera, so that any tablet or smartphone (such as an iPad/iPhone/Android/etc) can connect to the camera and view the microscope's video output. This isn't possible with a USB microscope as many tablets and phones don't have a USB port and even if they did, there wouldn't necessarily be drivers available for the camera.
Comes with the microscope, charging cable, CD with software and manual. A stand is not included, the photo above shows it with Adafruit's articulated aluminum stand (which works great). While this camera is more expensive than a wired-variety, there's nothing like it for when you want to view the output on a smartphone or tablet!
we suggest the free app NetcamViewer Mobile for iOS.
WiFi Portable Microscope - Usable With Android/iPad/iPhone (1:29)
- Image Sensor: (640x480) 0.3 megapixel @ 30 FPS
- Up to 200x axis micro-lens
- Adjustable focal length, from 5mm to 40mm
- Resolution 640x480 or 320x240
- Video rate of 20f/s under 600 lux brightness
- Flicker control for 50Hz/60Hz
- 8 white LED light, 0-30000mLux
- Up to 200x magnification
- Internal battery can be recharged via USB port using included cable
- WiFi-connected, can be used by nearly any device with WiFi capability and IP-camera viewer app
- Size: 142mm x 37mm diameter
- Weight: 100 grams
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.