The WAV Trigger is an audio development platform that allows you to easily add music and sound effects to your project. The WAV Trigger plays uncompressed WAV files up to 16-bit stereo 44.1kHz, the same quality as audio CD’s. One significant feature is that the board has the ability to play multiple tracks at the same time, mixing up to 8 stereo tracks together on the fly. The board has an audio jack for use with headphones or speakers and a 2 pin output that can be connected to a speaker for audio output.
Tracks are played when some type of condition is met. For example, the most basic use is to connect a button between ground and a trigger. By default, when the button is pressed, the corresponding track (.WAV file) on the micro SD card to that trigger will be played. There are more advanced options that can be created with a configuration file that allows triggers to play random tracks, pause tracks, change volume amongst other operations.
In addition to using buttons and switches, sounds can be triggered by the digital outputs of microcontrollers or sensors, or by serial commands, including MIDI Note-On messages. This can allow for many interesting uses of this product and how it can react to its environment.
Check the link in the documents below to keep up with the latest Firmware updates!
Note: This product is a collaboration with Robertsonics. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Input voltage: 6-15VDC
- Current Consumption: 80mA idle, 120-200mA playing
- File system: FAT16/FAT32
- Audio out: 1/8" stereo headphone jack
- Audio out: On-board 2W mono amplifier speaker output
- Trigger inputs: 3.3-5V, default active low inputs with internal pull-ups
- Serial: Full duplex, 8N1, 57.6K baud, MIDI
- Polyphonic: Play and mix up to 8 stereo tracks independently and simultaneously
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.