This IR demodulator from Vishay is a great general-purpose receiver for IR-based remote-control projects. It is optimized for data rates up to 4000 bits/s and bursts as short as six cycles, and the detector’s epoxy package serves as an infrared filter that helps eliminate noise from visible light sources. The operating voltage range is broad enough for 5 V and 3.3 V logic, and unlike some receiver modules, the TSOP34156 allows for continuous reception. The module’s output signal can be directly connected to a microcontroller; no additional external components are required.
|Intended function||IR remote control||brightness/proximity sensing||predictable modulated IR presence sensing|
|Modulation frequency||56 kHz||38 kHz||38 kHz|
|Gain (sensitivity)||automatic but inaccessible||automatic, predictable||fixed high gain|
|Output||binary (data)||analog (pulse width)||binary (on/off)|
|Update rate||a few kHz||a few Hz||a few kHz|
- Operating Voltage: 2.7 – 5.5 V
- Carrier Frequency: 56 kHz
- Max data rate: 4000 bps
- Package: Through-hole with 0.1" lead spacing
See the resources tab for the TSOP341 datasheet.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.