This little dongle will let you connect one of Adafruit's 5V 2Amp or 5V 10Amp adapters to something that expects to connect to USB. The premise is simple - one end has a USB A female jack and the other has a 'standard' 5.5mm OD/2.1mm ID barrel jack with center positive polarity.
It does not have any resistors or other connections inside for the data lines so this won't work for charging an iPhone, iPod or iPad or other device which expects some sort of resistance on the D+ and D- connections. It does, however, work great for Arduinos, BeagleBones, Raspberry Pi's and most other USB-powered gadgets.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.