The ‘Rain’ ultra-small UHF RFID tag from Murata is really exciting because of it’s fantastically small size – it’s just 1.25 mm square with a height of 0.55 mm! It’s tiny composure makes it really well suited to attaching to small or organically-shaped objects with a little bit of glue or epoxy. So what can you do with a small RFID tag? Strapping one to the tip of a Nerf dart to tell if you’ve hit the target or sounding the alarm if someone removes a trinket from your desk is just the tip of the iceberg.
These tags operate in the UHF (865MHz to 928MHz) band and contains a 96-bit EPC field that is programmable by the user. Using a reader like the M6E Nano with the UHF Ring Antenna will allow you to read/write multiple tags at a range of up to an inch!
To recap these tags are great for tiny close-range identification, just be sure not to misplace them or you might never find them again!
- 1.25 mm square by 0.5 mm height
- 96-bit user-programmable EPC field
- UHF band (865 - 928 MHz)
- Simultaneous read capable with compatible readers (like M6E Nano)
- 1 inch read/write range with UHF Ring Antenna
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.