The Ubertooth One is an open source 2.4 GHz wireless development platform suitable for Bluetooth experimentation. Based on the powerful LPC175x ARM Cortex-M3 microcontroller with full-speed USB 2.0, the Ubertooth One is a great way to develop custom Class 1 comparable Bluetooth devices. The entire board is only****two and a half inches long with a USB-A connector at one end and an RP-SMA connector at the other.
One thing that sets the Ubertooth apart from other Bluetooth development platforms is that it’s capable of not only sending and receiving 2.4 GHz signals, but can also operate in monitor mode, monitoring Bluetooth traffic in real-time. This operating mode has been present in low-cost WiFi modules for years and has found myriad uses in research, development and security auditing but no such solution existed for the Bluetooth standard until now. Also, because it’s a fully open-source platform (software and hardware), the schematics and code are readily available for all of your hacking needs.
- 2.4 GHz Transmit and Receive.
- Transmit power and receive sensitivity comparable to a Class 1 Bluetooth device.
- Standard Cortex Debug Connector (10-pin 50-mil JTAG)
- In-System Programming (ISP) Serial Connector
- Expansion connector intended for inter-Ubertooth communication or other future uses.
- Six Indicator LEDs
- 2.4 GHz Duck Antenna Included
Note: In order to open the schematic and board design files found in the source package, you will need to download KiCad, an open source electronic design automation software package.
Dimensions: 61.75mm x 19mm (2.43" x 0.75")
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
- How to Use HC-05 Bluetooth Modules
So we’ve taken a look at what Bluetooth is in our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial, and hopefully, you’ve found our Choosing a Bluetooth Module For Your Project tutorial useful in deciding which Bluetooth module is right for your p...
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
- Introduction to Bluetooth
Nowadays, everything is going wireless. Phones, computers, game controllers, consoles, everything! Wireless technology has allowed us to use electronic devices with an untethered freedom which just isn’t possible with clunky cables hanging of...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.