The Tamiya 70203 Low-Current Motor Gearbox kit includes one brushed DC motor and all the gears and parts to build any of the three possible gear ratio configurations: 12.7:1, 38.2:1, 114.7:1. The three gear ratio options give you the flexibility to choose the best speed and torque for your project.
|Tamiya 70203 low-current gearbox kit.|
The kit includes step-by-step illustrated instructions in both Japanese and English. A scanned copy of the instructions is available on the Pictures tab. The kit can be built with just a screwdriver, but the instructions recommend having side cutters and a modeling knife on hand.
The output shaft included in this kit is a 3 mm hexagonal axle that is 10 cm (about 4″) from tip to tip. The axle works with many of the Tamiya wheels Pololu carry. The low-voltage motor runs on 0.5 V to 3 V and draws less than 1 A, making it a perfect candidate for the DRV8835 or the DRV8833 motor driver carrier. The mounting holes on the gearbox are compatible with the Tamiya 70098 universal plate set and other Tamiya construction series products
- Free-Run Speed @ 3 V: see picture to the right for RPM table
Tamiya 70203 low-current gearbox torque and RPM at 3 V.
- Free-run current @ 3 V: 20 mA
- Stall current @ 3 V: 670 mA
- Torque @ 3 V: see picture to the right for torque table
- Three different gear ratios:
- 3 mm hexagonal output shaft (length: 100 mm) compatible with Pololu's adapter for LEGO wheels and many of Tamiya’s wheels
- Two mounting orientations
- Transparent gear housing shows the internal mechanisms
- Crank plates
Note: The Tamiya 70203 Low-Current Motor Gearbox is a kit; assembly is required.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.