T'Rex doesn’t want to be fed, he wants to hunt! The T’Rex controller from DAGU is an Arduino compatible robot controller designed to power and control servos and brushed motors. This controller combines an Arduino development board with a dual FET H-bridge motor driver. The heart of the board is an ATMega328P AVR microcontroller which comes loaded with the Arduino bootloader and some simple control code. The code on each T'Rex controller can be easily accessed and changed in the Arduino IDE using the built in USB interface, ISP, or FTDI sockets.
The T’REX controller is rated for a maximum voltage of 30V and can handle currents in excess of 40A per motor. A set of screw terminals are provided for the battery connection as well as for connecting motor outputs. The Dual H bridges are rated for stall currents of 40A per motor and average currents of 18A per motor. Factory calibrated hall-effect sensors measure current draw of each motor. Each motor has independent variable electronic braking. Self-resetting PTC fuses prevent damage from stalled motors. This board is ready to go out-of-the-box! The supplied code will accept input from a standard RC vehicle receiver and handle the “mixing” for differential steering. If you would rather control it with BlueTooth or I2C input, that can be done simply by downloading the proper Arduino sketch, providing an optional BlueTooth dongle, and/or changing a few constants. Also, because it is an Arduino compatible controller, feel free to write your own control scheme or even load it up with sensors and go autonomous! Uploading code is as simple as selecting “Arduino Nano w/ 328” under the boards menu in the Arduino IDE.
Note: Included with the T'REX controller are 4x 30mm and 4x 6mm brass hex spacers. When mounting in the Wild Thumper these spacers need to be joined together to make 4x 36mm spacers. This will hold the PCB high enough to prevent any short circuit.
Dimensions: 4.33" x 2.4" x 1"
- 1x T'Rex Robot/Motor Controller
- 4x 30mm Brass Hex Spacer
- 4x 6mm Brass Hex Spacer
- 4x Hex Nut
- 1x 4-wire Female to Female Cable
- 6V -30V operation with built in solid state power switch
- Programmable with the Arduino IDE (ATMega328P, 5V @ 16MHz)
- Dual FET “H” bridge rated 18A with self resetting PTC fuses
- Electronic braking and current monitoring for each motor
- 3-axis accelerometer provides angle and impact detection
- Auto-detects RC, BlueTooth, or I2C control
- Voltage translation on I2C interface
- 6x Servo Outputs
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade