The SparkFun OpenPIR is a highly customizable Passive Infrared (PIR) sensor based around the NCS36000 PIR controller. Passive infrared (PIR) sensors are able to detect motion in a small/local area –– they’re the sensor of choice in security systems, home automation and proximity-sensing applications. The OpenPIR allows you to set the sensitivity, trigger time and pulse mode of the motion sensor so you can tailor-fit it to your application!
The OpenPIR has a multitude of characteristics unique to itself, including two trimpots to adjust sensitivity (view distance) and the oscillator to control the length of time the output remains HIGH, as well as a trigger that supports two motion-detection modes: single-pulse and dual-pulse. Additionally, each OpenPIR is equipped with a reverse-entry green LED, which duplicates the status of the OUT pin. When motion is detected, the LED will illuminate; otherwise it will remain off.
The SparkFun OpenPIR supports a power supply range of 3VDC to 5.75VDC at 80µA standby (3mA when detecting motion) and is able to be connected via a standard 0.1" header or a 4-pin JST PH connector.
- Voltage Supply Range: 3VDC to 5.75VDC
- Standby Average Current: 80µA
- Motion-Detected Average Current: 3mA (LED enabled)
- Integrated 2−Stage Amplifier
- Internal LDO to Drive Sensor
- Internal Oscillator with External RC
- Single or Dual Pulse Detection
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.