The provided mounting holes in the Solarbotics GM2 and GM8 gear motors are a convenient way to mount the motors to your project, but sometimes you just need a different way to mount them. These precision laser-cut steel brackets match the features on the gear motors and securely clamp them down to your project.
Use any #4-sized screw, nut, or bolt for assembly. You can also use special #4×1/2" screws designed for threading plastic.
Note: Some GM2 motors were molded a bit fatter around the tab that the motor retainer screws into. This interferes with the side-notches in the bracket when you install it. To get around this problem, you will have to make the side notches a bit deeper with a file.
Pololu's stamped aluminum L-bracket and extended stamped aluminum L-bracket for Pololu plastic gearmotors also work with the Solarbotics GM2, GM3, GM8, and GM9 gearmotors and can be used as an alternative to this bracket, though you might need longer screws than the ones that are included with them.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.