This 120:1 brushed DC gearmotor is very compact and weighs only 0.7 ounces (20 grams) — perfect for building a quick, miniature robot.
This gearmotor starts rotation at 0.58 V, drawing only 46.5 mA at 7 RPM. At 5 V, the gearbox and motor provide 20 oz-in of torque and 145 RPM. The free-running current is 88 mA, and the stall current is 610 mA. The low-current motor is a perfect match for Pololu's qik 2s9v1 dual serial motor controller.
This gearmotor comes pre-assembled, with the gears fully enclosed. A clutch limits the output torque to approximately 25 oz-in (which is produced at 6.5 V, drawing 650 mA) to protect the gearbox and motor. The unit has one mounting hole, and the chrome-finish output shaft is splined with a 0.08" (2 mm)-crest diameter.
For a similar, less expensive version of this gearmotor, see the Pololu 120:1mini plastic gearmotor offset output. For a version of this gearmotor with a 90 degree output shaft, see the GM7 gearmotor. For a similar but larger gearmotor, see the GM2 gearmotor (224:1) and the GM8 gearmotor (143:1).
- Description: Mini offset/inline
- Gear ratio: 120:1
- 3 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 64
- No-load current: ~ 64 mA
- Stall current: ~ 325 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 13.5 oz-in
- 6 V Operation:
- No-load RPM: ~ 157
- No-load current: ~ 97 mA
- Stall current: ~ 560 mA
- Stall torque: ~ 21.1 oz-in
- Weight: 18 g
|Solarbotics GM6 gearmotor dimensions (in mm).|
Though the product picture shows two gearmotors, this product is for a single motor.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.