|Solar Cell: 4.5 V, 100 mA, 0.45 W, with U.S. quarter for size reference.|
This packaged 0.45 W solar cell has a 5.5 mm × 2.1 mm barrel plug termination. It is a custom solar cell produced for SparkFun – not a small toy or surplus cell. This solar cell is rated for 4.5 V open voltage and 100 mA short circuit. A random cell SparkFun tested outside measured 4.95 V open voltage and 94 mA short circuit.
The 2 m long cable is terminated with a 5.5 mm × 2.1 mm center-positive barrel plug. The 3.7" × 2.4" package has a clear epoxy coating with hard-board backing, robustly sealed for outdoor applications. The cell is monocrystalline and has an efficiency of approximately 15%.
Note: SparkFun calls this product the “Solar Cell Small – 0.45W”, SKU: PRT-07845
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.