You know those ZIF sockets Adafruit have for DIP chips? Well these are just like that but for SMT parts! Yeah, that's right, now you can program and test out your favorite new parts in fine-pitch TQFP-48 packages. This test sockets is good for any QFP-48 in a 7mm square body. Simply open the latch, place the chip in carefully and then close the top over it. The chip is held securely against gold 'fingers' in the socket.
The socket is soldered onto a pair of PCBs that turn it into, essentially, a 48 pin DIP with 0.6" spacing that can be breadboarded fairly easily.
Please note: Pin #1 on the "DIP" pinout does not line up with pin #1 of the QFP chip. The QFP's pin #1 is at DIP #7
The test socket is a high quality, Japanese construction from Yamaichi. Because the pitch is much finer than other chips, these sockets are significantly more expensive!
SMT Test Socket - TQFP-48 Breakout (11:12)
- Weight: 40.1g
- PCB dimension:63.5mm x 38.2mm / 2.5" x 1.5"
- Fits TQFP-48 with 7mm body
- Broken out into 0.6" wide 48 pin breadboard spacing
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Prototyping a Circuit: Methods and Tools
Ah prototyping, the backbone of maker electronics, well really all electronics. Any successful device, product, or idea doesn’t just appear as a finished concept, it goes through stages of product and one of those is prototyping. In fact, for m...
- Fritzing for Schematic and PCB Design
Fritzing is a completely free Circuit Design program available across all popular operating systems. The program was designed to support hobbyists, hackers, artists and makers (and all creative minds) in taking the step from concept to prototype to p...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.