You know those ZIF sockets Adafruit have for DIP chips? Well these are just like that but for SMT parts! Yeah, that's right, now you can program and test out your favorite new parts in SOIC Wide packages. This test sockets is good for any wide (300 mil) SOIC/SOP with up to 28 pins. Simply open the latch, place the chip in carefully and then close the top over it. The chip is held securely against gold 'fingers' in the socket.
The socket is soldered onto a pair of PCBs that turn it into, essentially, a 28 pin DIP with 0.45" spacing. Unfortunately the .45" is not on a 0.1" spacing but we found that Adafruit could bend the pins out and press it into a breadboard without too much difficulty.
The test socket is a high quality, Japanese construction from
- 22.3mm/0.9" wide x 42.3mm/1.7" long x 25.6mm/1" high (closed w/header pins)
- Fits 28-pin 300mil wide SOIC/SOP
- Broken out into 0.45" wide 28 pin breadboard spacing
- Socket spec sheet
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.