You know those ZIF sockets Adafruit have for DIP chips? Well these are just like that but for SMT parts! Yeah, that's right, now you can program and test out your favorite new parts in SOIC-16 or smaller packages. This test socket is good for any SOIC/SOP "Medium" chip in a 200mil wide body that has 20 pins or fewer. Simply press down on the top, place the chip in carefully and then release to latch the chip in. The chip is held securely against gold 'fingers' in the socket. 150 or 300mil wide chips will not fit, but we do have other sockets for narrow/wide SOIC chips.
The socket is soldered onto a pair of PCBs that turn it into, essentially, a 20 pin DIP with 0.6" spacing that can be breadboarded fairly easily.
The test socket is a high quality, Japanese construction from
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.