This 12" (300 mm) Y-cable has female JR connectors on all three ends, so it can be used to make connections between devices with 0.1" 3-pin male headers, such as between RC servo controllers or RC receivers and motor controllers with an RC interface. Specifically, it can be very useful in situations where you want to provide the same RC signal to two devices, such as a pair of Simple Motor Controllers working together with signal mixing enabled. The cable’s connectors are commonly found on RC servo leads and work with both male JR and male Futaba J connectors. They have gold-flashed contacts on a 0.1" spacing and are joined by 22-AWG, 60-strand wires that make this cable more flexible than standard servo cables.
The split occurs close to the single (input) end of the cable, allowing the two output ends to achieve a maximum separation of approximately 18" (450 mm).
Note: The cable’s female connectors are the same as what is found on most generic servos and fits nicely with 0.1" male headers, but is often referred to as “male” in the RC hobby industry. The picture below shows the cable connectors labeled with Pololu's gender convention.
|Female “JR”-style connector commonly found on servo cables (often referred to as “male” in the RC hobby industry).|
These female-to-2x-female cables are available in two styles: flat, with wires stuck together side by side, and twisted, with wires twisted around each other to decrease electromagnetic interference (EMI). The twisted versions are especially soft and flexible.
Servo cable color convention
- brown or black = ground (GND, battery negative terminal)
- red = servo power (Vservo, battery positive terminal)
- orange, yellow, white, or blue = servo control signal line
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.