This 3-wire harness can be used to add a toggle switch between any two devices that can be connected with “JR” style servo connectors. One side of the switch has a lead with a female connector, while the other side has two leads, one male and one female.
Pololu sell two versions of this harness:
- 12 inches (30 cm) end-to-end, with lighter gauge cables and a smaller switch
- 18 inches (45 cm) end-to-end, with heavier gauge cables and a larger switch
A typical use for the harness in the RC hobby industry is to hook up a receiver battery to the male connector; the switch then controls whether current flows to the rest of the circuit through the female connector on the opposite side, while the female connector on the same side can be used to charge the battery without disconnecting it from the circuit.
Note that the RC hobby industry often reverses the convention of “male” and “female” servo connectors:
Servo cable color convention
- brown or black = ground (GND, battery negative terminal)
- red = servo power (Vservo, battery positive terminal)
- orange, yellow, or white = servo control signal line
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.