Here are the requirements for this service:
- Files must be one of the supported variants - see below.
- Single layer PCB designs up to 10cm x 12cm.
- We only mill FR-1 PCBs
- Milled (areas to be removed) must be 1/64" (0.0396875cm) or greater. Bantam Tools PCB Milling Machine can go much finer, but, the process takes longer (hence we stick to 1/64" or larger spacing).\
- Unused PCB is not shipped to you.
- Non-refundable service. Your errors/omissions which are beyond our control are not refundable once the board milling process begins. Of important note is the 1/64" requirement.
- If you are using EAGLE then we require a single file, the .BRD (this is the preferred format)
- If you are using any other PCB Design Software, export 3 files:
- Bottom Copper
- Mechanical Outline
- The above three files must be one of these filetypes .GTL or .CMP or .GBR
Important - we do not fix files or adjust designs. Attempted milling jobs that are later discovered to be incompatible are not refundable. Check/inspect your work.
How does this service work?
- Add this service by clicking the "Add to cart" button above, continue through to checkout for payment.
- Once your order is placed, we will send you an email requesting the required files.
- We will fabricate your board in 1-3 business days (typically 1 business day)
- Your order is shipped to you or made available for pickup (whichever you chose during checkout)
- Ensure the gap between pads and tracks (the copper to be removed) is greater than 1/64" (0.0396875cm).
- Google how to export Gerber files for your favourite PCB design tool. Upload and preview them in an independent Gerber Viewer such as this before sending to us.
- Ensure each of your filenames has the appropriate word "bottom copper", "drill", "outline" so that we know what-is-what.
The above photo is copyright by DIYODE Magazine, who use a Bantam Tools PCB Milling Machine as well!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Making Boxes in Fusion 360 for Laser Cutting
When making a box with a laser cutter, its entirely possible to make your design as a single flat drawing through careful planning and measurement – but who wants to do that!? This is a guide to making a box quickly and easily using Fusion 360....
- Using Slicer for Fusion360 for Laser Cutting
Laser cutting is a very fast production and manufacturing method that has one limitation. You can only cut flat surfaces! Well don’t let that stop you from creating 3D objects and sculptures with a laser cutter, Fusion360 has a great app for co...
- Convert an Image to a Vector Graphic for Laser Cutting
Interested in creating designs to be laser cut? In this tutorial, we will learn how to use Gimp and Inkscape to convert a graphic image to a vector image that you can cut on a laser cutter! In order for the job control software to turn your design i...
- Getting Started Guide for Laser Cutting
Welcome to the exciting world of laser cutting! For all those makers out there looking to start creating with a laser cutter, this tutorial will have the basic information you need to get started! We recently added a Laser Cutting Service to our site...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.