The Scanse Sweep 3D Scanner Kit is an advanced 60-piece DIY kit that gives you everything you need to assemble a 3D scanner using your Scanse Sweep LIDAR sensor (not included). Outdoor 3D scanning has been around for decades, but has traditionally been much too expensive for home use. This kit aims to put this powerful technology into the hands of makers who want to develop and experiment with applications for long-range 3D scanning. The only tools you will need are a soldering iron, wire stripper, small Phillips-head screwdriver and 2.5mm ball-end hex key.
Each Scanse Sweep 3D Scanner Kit is controlled by an included Raspberry Pi 3, a stepper motor and driver HAT, and a 9DoF IMU — all housed inside an included 3D-printed enclosure. As the Scanse Sweep rotates in its seat, the top of the 3D scanner pivots back and forth, providing a complete three-dimensional scan of its surroundings!
This kit is not a finished product, but an evolving community effort. It’s built for DIY enthusiasts who want to get their hands dirty and try new things. We aren’t kidding; there is a lot of work that goes into assembling this kit, so we only recommend it for those of you looking for a challenge. If anything happens with any of the parts while you are assembling the kit, there is a full list of parts included in the kit, as well as 3D print files in the Documents tab.
Note: This kit does NOT include a Scanse Sweep, which will need to be purchased separately.
- 1x Raspberry Pi 3B
- 1x Adafruit DC and Stepper Motor HAT for Raspberry Pi
- 1x Adafruit 9-Axis IMU — BNO055
- 1x MicroSD Card Reader
- 1x 14mm Circular Bubble Spirit Level
- 1x 16GB MicroSD Card
- 1x MicroUSB Female Cable
- 1x Sinoele Ultra Slim 10000mAh Power Bank
- 1x Super Glue
- 1x Double-Sided Tape Square
- 2x MicroUSB to USB 3.5in Cable
- 1x SS-01GL13P — Snap Action Switch, SIM Roller Lever
- 2x 3/16in Heat Shrink Tubing, 0.5in Long
- 1x 2.54 Pitch Single-Row 90 Degree Pin Strip Cut to 3pin, 3pin, 4pin
- 1x 10K Inline Resistor
- 7x Jumper Wire, 8in (2 Blue, 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Black, 2 Red)
- 11x Phillips-Head Machine Screw 0.092-28, 0.375 LG
- 4x Phillips-Head Machine Screw 0.092-28, 0.75 LG
- 4x Flat-Head Machine Screw, M2.5, 4mm LG
- 2x Flat-Head Machine Screw, M3, 6mm LG
- 3x Socket-Head Cap Screw, M3, 8mm LG
- 1x ¼-20 Nut
- 2x Nylon Unthreaded Spacer — 94639A711
- 1x 14HR08-0654S — 0.9DEG 4.55V Round Stepper Motor
- 3x Ball Bearing — 3mm x 8mm x 3mm
- 1x Spherical Scanner Cover, Square (P0087)
- 1x Spherical Scanner Battery Holder, Square (P0088)
- 1x Spherical Scanner Cable Clip (P0090)
- 1x Spherical Scanner Light Pipe (P0091)
- 1x 90 Degree Cylindrical Scanner Bracket, Tall (P0092)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.