The Rover 5 Robot base uses 4 seperate DC motors, each with a hall-effect quadrature encoder and gearbox for movement. The entire gearbox assembly can be rotated at 5-degree increments for different clearance configurations. You can even replace the tank treads with traditional wheels if you were so inclined. It's a completely decked out robot base, just add the brains!
This isn’t flimsy robot base either, the whole unit weighs in at over 1.15kg without batteries. This base is clearly heavy duty and can handle most offroad environments. Check the manual below for dimensional drawings if you need them.
The Rover 5 Robot Base features:
- Gearbox adjustable in 5-degree increments.
- Gearbox ratio of 86.8:1
- 4 independent DC motors (see Motor Datasheet for specific information)
- 4 independent hall-effect encoders
- Thick rubber tank treads
- 6x AA battery holder
- 10Kg/cm stall torque per motor
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade