Rotary encoders can be used similarly to potentiometers. The difference being that that an encoder has full rotation without limits (It just goes round and round). They output gray code so that you can tell how much and in which direction the encoder has been turned. They’re great for navigating menu screens and things like that. This encoder mounts at a right angle so it’s perfect for things like control panels and rack-mount enclosures.
This encoder is especially cool because it has a common anode RGB LED built in, as well as a push-button. Look below for the clear knob that goes with this potentiometer.
- Switch Travel: 0.5mm
- Shaft Diameter: 6.0mm
- Shaft Length: 18mm
- Right-Angle Through-Hole Mount
- 24 Pulses per Rotation
- Red/Green/Blue LED
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.