This is a very simple RJ45 PoEthernet MagJack connector that can help connect you to the Internet with the ability to provide power. Power over Ethernet, or PoE for short, is a system that’s designed to pass data and power, safely, over the same CAT5 cable. This specific connector was once used for our (now retired) SparkFun PoEthernet Shield. We found out we still had some left over stock and wanted to give you the opportunity to capitalize on the low price.
Inside each RJ45 are a number of transformers and magnetics required for isolating Ethernet signals. There are even some LEDs poking out the end.
Note: We are currently waiting on our supplier to get a Datasheet for the RJ45 PoEthernet MagJack. Check back soon for more information.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.