The RFM22B is a low-cost ISM FSK transceiver module which offers communication at 915MHz ISM and adjustable output power of up to +20 dBm. The wide operating voltage range of 1.8–3.6 V and low current consumption makes the RFM22B an ideal solution for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM22B is achieved via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. Three configurable general purpose I/Os are also available, the use of which can be tailored towards the needs of your project. A host of other features are also available including an 8-bit ADC, temperature sensor, RX and TX FIFOs, and low-battery detection. See the datasheet below for a complete description of every register and command.
The module comes in a 16-pin, 16 x 16mm, SMD package, with pins spaced by 2mm.
Note: These modules are 915MHz and Rev3.0.
- Frequency Range: 915MHz ISM
- Sensitivity = -121 dBm
- Output power range: +20 dBm Max
- Data Rate = 0.123 to 256 kbps
- FSK, GFSK, and OOK modulation
- Power Supply = 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Ultra low power shutdown mode
- Digital RSSI
- Wake-up timer
- Auto-frequency calibration (AFC)
- Power-on-reset (POR)
- Antenna diversity and TR switch control
- Configurable packet handler
- Preamble detector
- TX and RX 64 byte FIFOs
- Low battery detector
- Temperature sensor and 8-bit ADC
- –40 to +85 °C temperature range
- Integrated voltage regulators
- Frequency hopping capability
- On-chip crystal tuning
Dimensions: 16 x 16mm (0.63 x 0.63 in)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.