The RFu-328 is the world’s smallest, most affordable, RF capable, over the air Arduino IDE programmable device:
- Smallest: 25% less volume than a 328 DIP chip alone
- Most affordable: these are the most affordable devices you'll find
- RF capable: SRF or Hope RFM12B
- Over the air programmable: using SRF
Aimed at making Arduino powered products a reality. Ideal for lower power or smaller size projects and even small scale product production, this tiny module is perfect for the new age of the Internet of Things. The module has an SRF radio module installed so it's an out the box low power RF node. It's the world’s only SOM (system on module) Arduino device that can be programmed over the air direct from the Arduino IDE.
Will run the same code as the larger XinoRF because it shares the same ATmega 328 micro running at 16 MHz, almost all of the Arduino pins are available for use. So you can develop your system with the XinoRF and deploy with RFu-328.
Also available without the SRF, so you can mount your own RFM12B unit (RFU-328-BARE).
- Has all the advantages of our XRF and SRF radio modules: great range, low power, easy use
- Works with a range of sensor modules
- Comes installed with the later smaller, faster Arduino UNO bootloader.
- Will run the same code as XinoRF
- Will run any existing Arduino code with no or very little modification – pin 8 is radio enable – that’s it!)
- Supports XBee style wireless comms (most series 1 type XBee serial sketches will easily work)
- Surface mount option
- XBee style 2 x 10 way pin header option
- Made in the UK
- Dimensions: 2.53mm x 22mm x 27.70mm (or 35.5mm long with chip antenna)
- Supply voltage:
- Minimum 3.3v
- Maximum 3.6v (5v if no radio is installed)
- Limit 3.9v
- Current consumption:
- ATMega running & SRF transmitting 28.9mA
- ATMega running & SRF receiving 31.2mA
- ATMega running & SRF sleeping (ATSM2) 7.1mA
- ATMega sleeping (powerdown + WDT wake) & SRF sleeping (ATSM2) 4.7uA
- 868 and 915 MHz ISM/SRD bands (can support 315, 433, 900 MHz)
- Over the air data rate of 250Kbps with a max of 500Kbps
- Up to 10dBm (10 mW) power
If you wish to program with an FTDI style interface you will need to put a 0.1uf capacitor between the interface DTR and pin 5 (RESET) this is the same technique employed on the Arduino, this gives your interface the ability to auto reset the module which is required to invoke the Arduino bootloader. Alternatively look at our new 4 in 1 Explorer Plus USB interface which has an XBee style socket, FTDI style connector and built in SRF-U which has an RFu Auto Reset enable jumper as well as support for conventional XBee/XRF type devices.
Related or associated products
XinoRF (search the store)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.