Warning: This product requires a button battery to operate which is hazardous to young children. Do not use this product for projects that are potentially accessible to young children.
This is the Real Time Clock (RTC) Module, this little breakout that uses the DS1307 to keep track of the current year, month, day as well as the current time. The module comes fully assembled and pre-programmed with the current time (MST) and includes a small CR1225 Lithium coin cell battery that will run the RTC for a minimum of 9 years (17 years typical) without an external 5V power supply.
The DS1307 RTC is accessed via the I2C protocol. We’ve written a test-bed to program the modules, this code should give you some insight on how to interface the module to any microcontroller using our example software I2C and BCD routines.
This rev of the Real Time Clock module finally adds I2C resistors and a larger battery pad to fix the problems with the battery shorting to the board.
- Two wire I2C interface
- Hour : Minutes : Seconds AM/PM
- Day Month, Date - Year
- Leap year compensation
- Accurate calendar up to year 2100
- Battery backup included
- 1Hz output pin
- 56 Bytes of Non-volatile memory available to user
Dimensions: 0.75x0.75" (20x20mm)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.