You're going to work hard with your Raspberry Pi B+. You're going to have to solder, code, and Linux your Maker heart out. That's why Adafruit have tried to make it as easy as possible to start - by combining the Raspberry Pi B+ with what we think are the best beginners' Pi B+ accessories into one easy to use kit.
Adafruit have hand chosen these accessories as the perfect accompaniment to your new Raspberry Pi Model B+. It's everything you need to get going with a high quality power supply, Raspbian SD card, case, WiFi adapter, console cable, and lots of prototyping essentials. It's a great jumping off point for the rest of Adafruit's extensive accessory and pack collection.
This pack comes with a single Raspberry Pi Model B+ Computer!
This pack contains:
- Raspberry Pi Model B+ 512MB RAM - The freshness. The hot off the press, sell-like-hotcake, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, improved power supply, and additional GPIO pins.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case - Smoke Base / Clear Top - As of 12/1/2014 at 5:30 PM, Adafruit are selling the Raspberry Pi B+ Starter Pack with Adafruit's brand new Pi Case. We think it's the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi Model B+ Case Ever - though Adafruit's Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- Adafruit Assembled Pi Cobbler Plus - This is the soldered together version of Adafruit's popular Pi Cobbler Plus Kit. Comes with a breakout board that's perfect for cobbling prototypes as well as a 40-pin GPIO cable for your Pi's pins.
- Full Size Breadboard - In the past, Adafruit have used the half-size breadboard for a lot of Pi projects - but no longer! WIth 40 pins to break out, you're going to need some space - and that's why Adafruit are including a full size breadboard in this pack.
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB to TTL Serial Cable - An old standby, this cable's pretty much the easiest way to connect your Raspberry Pi to a USB port to log into the debugging/login console. Ideal for running the Pi 'headless'
- USB WiFi Module - Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- 4GB SD card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with Raspbian Wheezy - 4GB microSDHC card programmed with the latest Raspberry Pi Linux distribution.
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6' MicroUSB Cable or 5V 2A Switching Power Supply with USB port + 6' MicroUSB Cable - The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi Badge - Now that you're getting started, show off your Pi Pride with this beautifully embroidered, jewel toned, iron-on badge.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so they include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 2x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 2x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 2x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
- 2x 10K Tim Potentiometers
Adafruit are always adding new tutorials to Adafruit's Learn System but here are a few that are worth checking out to start. While they're for the Model B, they will all apply to the Raspberry Pi Model B+.
- Introduction to outputs - light up an LED when you get an e-mail
- Introduction to inputs - play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors - reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.