No, this book doesn't have 472 pages of raspberry fruit pie recipes. But it does teach you basic principles to help you use your Raspberry Pi with new, developing technologies. It's a great addition to the Getting Started with Raspberry Pi book and is an excellent next step for your Raspberry Pi needs.
The "recipes" in this book are all different tutorials on how to run your credit-card sized computer with Linux, program it with Python, hook up sensors, motors, and other hardware.
Note: As of Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, Adafruit are selling the second edition of this book!
This book will teach you how to:
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and connect to a network
- Work with it's Linux-based operating system
- Program Raspberry Pi with Python
- Give your Pi "eyes" with computer vision
- Control hardware through the GPIO connector
- Use Raspberry Pi to run different types of motors
- Work with switches, keypads and other digital inputs
- Use sensors to measure temperature, light and distance
- Connect to IoT devices in various ways
- Create dynamic projects with Arduino
- Dimensions: 9" x 7" x 1"
- 412 pages
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.