There’s a lot of Raspberry Pi information going around lately. Whether it’s Pi A, A+, B, B+, or Pi 2 B, any forum will have thousands of people giving all the answers possible to a problem. Though most methods work for any version, it can be tough to decide which information to choose. The Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit is a great way to gain a solid introduction to the small, credit-card sized computer. With this kit you will be able to get your Raspberry Pi 2 connected through our SparkFun Pi Wedge to a breadboard and, by utilizing the Pi’s 40-pin GPIO, control pushbuttons, LEDs, and a host of user created circuits.
The on-line guides and tutorials we provide (found in the Documentssection below) contain step by step instructions of how to set up your Raspberry Pi and how to program it in a variety of languages. We have supplied some example code and detailed images on how to get started.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with a drive to learn more about the Raspberry Pi and its programming. So if you are looking for a new challenge or a way to get in on the RPi craze, check out the Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit!
- Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B (with 8GB NOOBS microSD)
- SparkFun Pi Wedge (Preassembled)
- SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V
- Breadboard - Full-Size (Bare)
- Pi Tin for the Raspberry Pi - Black
- Edimax WiFi Adapter (EW-7811UN)
- microSD USB Reader
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Ribbon Cable - 40-pin, 6"
- SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- AU 240V Wall Adapter Power Supply - 5V DC 2A (USB Micro-B)
- Jumper Wires Premium 6" M/F - 10 Pack
- Jumper Wires Standard 7" M/M - 30 Pack
- Hookup Guide
- gPIo Tutorial
- Raspberry Pi SPI and I2C Tutorial
- Pi Wedge Guide
- Raspbian Download
- Pi Raspbian and DOOM Tutorial
- Product Video
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.