There’s a lot of Raspberry Pi information going around lately. Whether it’s Pi A, A+, B, B+, or Pi 2 B, any forum will have thousands of people giving all the answers possible to a problem. Though most methods work for any version, it can be tough to decide which information to choose. The Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit is a great way to gain a solid introduction to the small, credit-card sized computer. With this kit you will be able to get your Raspberry Pi 2 connected through our SparkFun Pi Wedge to a breadboard and, by utilizing the Pi’s 40-pin GPIO, control pushbuttons, LEDs, and a host of user created circuits.
The on-line guides and tutorials we provide (found in the Documentssection below) contain step by step instructions of how to set up your Raspberry Pi and how to program it in a variety of languages. We have supplied some example code and detailed images on how to get started.
The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for anyone with a drive to learn more about the Raspberry Pi and its programming. So if you are looking for a new challenge or a way to get in on the RPi craze, check out the Raspberry Pi 2 Starter Kit!
- Raspberry Pi 2 - Model B (with 8GB NOOBS microSD)
- SparkFun Pi Wedge (Preassembled)
- SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V
- Breadboard - Full-Size (Bare)
- Pi Tin for the Raspberry Pi - Black
- Edimax WiFi Adapter (EW-7811UN)
- microSD USB Reader
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green Tactile Buttons
- Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green LEDs
- Resistor 330 Ohm 1/6 Watt PTH - 20 pack
- Raspberry Pi GPIO Ribbon Cable - 40-pin, 6"
- SparkFun USB Mini-B Cable - 6 Foot
- AU 240V Wall Adapter Power Supply - 5V DC 2A (USB Micro-B)
- Jumper Wires Premium 6" M/F - 10 Pack
- Jumper Wires Standard 7" M/M - 30 Pack
- Hookup Guide
- gPIo Tutorial
- Raspberry Pi SPI and I2C Tutorial
- Pi Wedge Guide
- Raspbian Download
- Pi Raspbian and DOOM Tutorial
- Product Video
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade